As if to confirm the issue is ready for its new November 21st release date, Marvel Comics has provided CBR News with an exclusive 4-page preview of Loners #6.
Diamond Comics Distributors, the company that distributes Marvel’s comic books to most comic book shops in North America, has issued a notice on schedule changes. Several New Warriors-related comics have been delayed.
- Avengers: The Initiative #7, recently rescheduled for November 7th, has been pushed back a week. It will now be in stores on November 14th. The issue was originally solicited for an October release.
- Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1, originally targeted for a November 7th release, has been pushed back two weeks and is now slated for a November 21st release.
- Loners #6, which was recently moved to November 7th, is now scheduled to arrive on November 21st. The issue was originally solicited for release on September 26th.
- Avengers: The Initiative – Basic Training Vol. 1 Premiere Hardcover has been pushed back to November 28th.
- Civil War Script Book trade paperback has also been pushed to November 28th.
The Conundrum’s Roundtable Review panel discusses New Warriors #5. The mysterious Flank kicks it off this time, followed by fellow longtime New Warriors fans Jeremy, Corey and James. For a rundown of our panel of reviewers, check out the first Roundtable Review. To find out how this issue held up, read on…!
And be sure to post your own review in the Comments section and let us know if you agree or disagree with our assessments.
“Who Am I?” The Double Part Three
Amazing Spider-Man #394
“No Escape” The Double Part Two
Web of Spider-Man #117
“Born Again!” The Double Part One
CBR News wraps up its week-long look at Iron Man by interviewing writer Marc Sumerak about next month’s Iron Man & Power Pack mini-series. There is also a 3-page preview of the issue.
“We try to build each of the ‘Power Pack’ limited series so that it can stand alone,” Sumerak explained. “We want readers to be able to come in fresh and completely understand what is happening without too much continuity to catch up on. But as always, if you do go back and read the entire run, there may be a few nods to things that came before!”
“We’ve got a lot of action packed into these four issues!” Sumerak said. “From giant robots attacking New York to an all-out attack by Iron Man’s entire arsenal! There’s not going to be a whole lot of room for anyone to catch their breath. As with most of our ‘Power Pack’ limiteds, we start out with a few stand alone stories. Those will contain some plot threads that will weave together for the big series finale, which will be a two-part story in issues #3-4. Should be a real fun ride!
“Tony and the kids will be facing off against Ultimo, Speed Demon, Blizzard, Titanium Man, an entire army of Iron Man armors, a few mystery baddies… and maybe even each other before all is said and done!”
“We try to find a good balance between the Powers’ lives as super heroes and their lives as normal kids,” Sumerak explained. “It makes them a lot more interesting and relatable when they still have everyday problems to solve once the fighting is over. So expect to see all kinds of cool side stories in this series… including Julie’s campaign for class president against the meanest (and richest) girl at school, Irena Crumb!”